How we help
Through an extensive program of care, counseling, medical treatment, therapy and education, our goal is for children between the ages of 10 and 17 to be restored, function in society, and mature into successful adults by providing a safe space for victims of human trafficking.
We exist to provide long-term care, rehabilitation, and healing for victims of modern-day slavery, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation.
- Professional therapy and counseling
- Various forms of therapy
- Medical and psychiatric assessment and monitoring
- TBRI care from trained staff
- TEA-approved education
- Life skills
- Mentorship Program
- Abuse awareness and guidance
- Reunite children with their family if possible
- College/Career prep
You’re Not Alone!
Get in touch with the National Human Trafficking Resource Center.
SMS: 233733 (Text “HELP” or “INFO”)
Hours: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
Languages: English & Spanish + 200 More Languages
All the photos and videos used on our website, social media, and our printed material depict models for illustrative purposes only. We always protect the identities of the minors in our care. Retreat 4 Kids is a Faith-based recovery center for commercially, sexually exploited young girls. It is one of the only of its kind in Texas.
When a girl arrives at Retreat 4 Kids, she is immediately entered into a comprehensive team approach plan for restoration and healing. A team of medical, mental health and educational professionals begin a comprehensive evaluation and prepares a personalized plan of care for each girl.
A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, The Retreat is a 90-day to long-term, residential treatment and assessment center for girls, ages 10 through 17, who have been recovered from sex traffickers.
Our RECOVERY PROGRAM
- Medical Care by Board Certified Pediatrician
- Assistance for drug and alcohol abuse to set each child up for long-term recovery
- Psychiatric Evaluation, treatment and continued monitoring
- Psychological and Trauma Counseling
- High Staff to Child Ratio
- Education – A curriculum plan will be developed based on each child’s specific needs. Credit recovery is a main priority.
- Daily Living Skills – Designed to prepare the girls for independent living, this program will teach personal care, housekeeping, proper nutrition, budgeting, and employment preparation.
- Mentorship Program
- Spiritual Needs – What sets Retreat 4 Kids apart from other programs is our belief that God can truly change lives forever. Our team serves all in need, regardless of their faith. We will assess each girl’s spiritual needs and offer opportunities for her to learn, grow and mature in her spiritual walk. And with help from our coalition of churches, we will provide a circle of Christian friends and mentors can help her transition to a new life.
- Equestrian Therapy
- Reunification with Family/Relatives – We will exhaust every opportunity to successfully reunite the victim with her immediate family or relatives when appropriate. If the child is unable to reunite with her family, we will seek foster care in a supportive and safe home. Or if the girl is of age, we will prepare her to live independently.
- Each child’s situation is evaluated and all avenues will be exhausted to best serve the child.